another day, another wall.
I'm going through old pictures on my phone and I came across these. And since I shared one of our other walls this week, I figured, why not? Especially because this room is a direct result of that wall. Madelyn painted the walls pink in here too, so I had to paint over it. I told you no room was safe.
This room is our nursery for the twins. If I can ever keep it clean long enough, I'll share pictures of the finished product. Never any guarantee with me, guys. :)
So there's the image of the herringbone wall floating around on pinterest. But every time I clicked the link, I didn't get much info or any how to on how to create the same look, so maybe this might help someone who is like me and not original enough to come up with their own design. ;)
I used Glidden Rich Navy and Behr Snowfall. This room is really bright or I wouldn't have attempted such a dark wall. I really love it though. Kinda fun and unexpected. Plus it's neutral enough to be a girl or a boy room.
So here's the quick how-to: I painted snowfall on the base layer before I taped, let it dry, taped, then painted snowfall again along the tape edges so that the navy wouldn't bleed through when I pulled the tape off. Taping was a breeze. The greatest part about this style is that their's no rule as to where you actually have to place each line. I measured how far the vertical lines would be but after that, I purposely made it random.Then I did 2 coats of navy, pulled off the tape and done. It's like the perfect lazy paint project.
And that's that. Now I really should go clean that room.....